24 February 2015

Best Birthday Wishes For Ms. Josephine!

So my mom and my family were blessed by her seeing another birthday today.

In her 70's she's still as strong and energetic as ever. She refers to the "elderly" people she checks on and looks after; never considering herself the same.

If there is any care and compassion for others in me; without a doubt, it definitely comes from my mom. She raised us well.

She spends tons of hours each week volunteering. Whether it's her efforts carpooling folks to church services, helping to cook large meals for various functions, or working with young people and children, my mom stays incredibly busy.

And when she's not doing that stuff, I almost guarantee you'll find her in her garden, or maybe even on camping trip.

Although she's often threatened to get on Facebook (let's pray that never happens), she'll probably never see this.

However I still feel compelled to publicly acknowledge this day and express some appreciation out into the universe. If you see her, wish her happy birthday!

We don't get to pick our parents, but, I have immense gratitude to God for the ones he gave me. To be my age and still have both of them is truly a blessing.

May He grant her many more. I could only hope to be permitted by the Father to be on this earth as long as she has and in her condition of sound mind and body.

Happy birthday mom!

Apologies for the 25 year old photograph. It's one of few I have of us together.

No comments: